Missing Movies.h

lpalomin

Missing Movies.h

Postby lpalomin » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:32 am

Sorry, I could'nt find any unlocked forum for ARTollkit5.0

next my issue (at compile time):
\..\lib\SRC\VideoQuickTime\videoQuickTimeMovie.c(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Movies.h'

I've installed QuickTime for Windows, but something is missing. some help?

philip_lamb
Site Admin

Re: Missing Movies.h

Postby philip_lamb » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:19 pm

If you're recompiling libARvideo for Windows (which is not usually necessary), by default the option to compile the QuickTime module is enabled. You must either install the QuickTime SDK (available from Apple's developer site, not included in the end-user QuickTime installer), OR disable the QuickTime module in include/AR/config.h.in. See http://www.artoolworks.com/support/libr ... _QuickTime

I guess the question is then, why are you recompiling libARvideo?

lpalomin

Postby lpalomin » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:39 am

philip_lamb wrote:If you're recompiling libARvideo for Windows (which is not usually necessary), by default the option to compile the QuickTime module is enabled. You must either install the QuickTime SDK (available from Apple's developer site, not included in the end-user QuickTime installer), OR disable the QuickTime module in include/AR/config.h.in. See http://www.artoolworks.com/support/libr ... _QuickTime

I guess the question is then, why are you recompiling libARvideo?

Actually I'm not recompiling libARvideo but simpleLite
First, I opened the solution, then I set the simpleLite Proyect as StartUp project, and finally I rebuild simpleLite.
Then, the fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Movies.h'

My intention is begin by modifying the simpleLite application. it should works, does not?
May be I need to learn how to use ARToolKit Professional as an external SDK (Certainly, I'm not an expert in using Visual Studio).
Any help is grateful :D

philip_lamb
Site Admin

Postby philip_lamb » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm

I would recommend un-checking the dependency of simpleLite on ARvideo in the Visual Studio dependencies manager. Otherwise, Visual Studio might try to recompile ARVideo unnecessarily. I'll make sure this is set by default in future releases.

If you've already had a failed build of ARVideo, you might need to reinstall ARToolKit to get a clean copy of ARvideo.lib/ARvideo.dll. Make sure you save any changes in your files.

It does make sense to create a new project for your work, rather than modifying the existing projects.

Return to “ARToolKit for Desktop v5.x”