How to cross-compile artoolkit for arm based board in linux

sachincv

How to cross-compile artoolkit for arm based board in linux

Postby sachincv » Wed May 04, 2016 8:47 pm

Hi ,

I want to use artoolkit in an arm based board. For that I downloaded and installed debian package (for ubuntu) of an arm cross compiler "arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.6" in my linux machine.
-- First I checked cross compiler working by running a helloworld.c program and compiled using arm compiler - Done
-- Next I edit the makefile of simpleLite program like CC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.6. Then I run "make clean" and "make" commands.
-- Which will complete without an error.
-- If I run ./simpleLite , it works properly as before.Which is not changed as binaries of arm board.
-- I don't know,how to cross compile artoolkit sdk for arm-based board.
-- Is it possible to build artoolkit for an arm based board?
-- Where do I want to edit in configuration

Please help me for resolving these issues.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin C V

philip_lamb
Site Admin

Re: How to cross-compile artoolkit for arm based board in linux

Postby philip_lamb » Wed May 04, 2016 9:31 pm

YOu'll need to specify the cross compiler toolchain for the entire build. Best to do this by editing ./Configure. You'll need to add a section that correctly identifies when you're cross-compiling, and then edit the definitions for CC, CXX, CFLAG, LDFLAG and LIBS.

The other portion to consider is the video input source. That will depend totally what the board OS provides. Perhaps Video4Linux?

sachincv

Postby sachincv » Thu May 05, 2016 7:35 am

Hi Philip,

Thank you very much. I am using "arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.7" and "arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.7" as arm compilers. So I already started compiling by editing CC= arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.7 and CXX="arm-linux-gnueabi-g++-4.7 -std=c++11 " in configure file at the place of selecting the compiler(It will work, If i select "no" for compiler selection during configure). I did't change any other code in configure.
-- Then I configure and make. I got an error error: impossible register constraint in 'asm' for EdenUtil.c file( 126th line). So I commented 126 th line( //FD_ZERO(&fdset);)
-- I dont know, how this error happened . After commenting the error disappeared.
-- Then I configure and make again.
-- Now a new error is creating
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglut.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
-- I dont know , how to correct these error.
Can you please help me.? What are the other things that I want to edit in Configure file?
Please reply

sachincv

Postby sachincv » Tue May 17, 2016 12:49 am

Hi,

I did cross compiling of opencv
Currently I am trying to cross compile glut and opengl.
-- What will I do to cross compile these packages?
-- Artoolkit is build for X11 window application. But In my arm board, wayland window is supporting. What will I do in artoolkit for making it useful for arm with wayland?
I am stuck with these problems , Kindly please reply and help me...

as1da

Postby as1da » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:19 pm

Hi:
Did you figure out the Configure file? Could you give me a copy for research use?
I want to recompile it on the jevois camera see - jevois.org
I am a student from University of Southern California.
My email is:shixianw@usc.edu

Return to “ARToolKit for Desktop v5.x”