Aspectratio and resolution android devices

Community support forum for the ARToolKit v5.x for Android SDK.
cezanvbe

Aspectratio and resolution android devices

Postby cezanvbe » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:55 pm

I am currently developing an AR application for android, based on unity and ARToolkit. The problem i'm currently facing is that some devices have the resolution and aspectratio locked to 4x3 and a low very resolution. I tested my application on a Lenovo p2 and a Samsung s6 edge who were both facing this exact same problem. Unexpectedly when i tried my app with a nexus 5 the aspect ratio and resolution where fine. I have tried changing the resolution and aspect ratio in the ResLib-release.aar but sadly unsuccessful. I hope this sounds familiar to someone and is able to help me. The version of unity i am using is 2017.1.0f3 and ARToolkit 5.3.2 for unity.

Thanks.

Update:
Just a few hours later and my nexus is also stuck on 4:3 320X280 even when changing everything back to how it used to work yesterday.

grunkleStan

Re: Aspectratio and resolution android devices

Postby grunkleStan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:57 am

Try edit the main.xml in \res\layout. under <framelayout android:layout_width="320ppx" etc. Change the value in height and width to "fill-parent".
Worked for me, tell me if it worked for you.

cezanvbe

Postby cezanvbe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:12 am

Dear grunkleStan,

Thank you for replying but unfortunately i do not have a main.xml in my folder. Could you maybe tell me the exact path to yours because I cant find the \res\layout folders either so I'm probably looking in the wrong places.

Thanks.

grunkleStan

Postby grunkleStan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:35 am

You can find it in \*YourProject*Proj\*YourProject*\src\main\res\layout.
If you're using android studio simply change your Project view from "Android" to "Project" and folow the path above.

cezanvbe

Postby cezanvbe » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Thank you for the tip but I think it does not apply to my situation unfortunatly. Because I am using Unity i do not have a main.xml I think Unity handles all of that.

grunkleStan

Postby grunkleStan » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:19 pm

srry to hear that. If you find a solution please post it here. At some point I need to use Unity too, would be great if there's a solution for this issue ;)...

grunkleStan

Postby grunkleStan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:56 am

Return to “ARToolKit for Android”