Bug on Launch

Community support forum for the ARToolKit v5.x for Android SDK.
UserMe

Bug on Launch

Postby UserMe » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 am

I'm making an Android Application with ArUnity5.3.2 and Unity 5.4.1f1 and I'm observing a really strange problem on a Samsung Galaxy A6.
The program is working at first, but then turns out to be unable to go through the initialisation process , and just display a very small preview of the camera in the top left. When it's problem occurs, it's then impossible to rerun the program properly. Reinstalling, Cleaning the cache, rebooting the device, nothing seems to be able to consitently make the program return to it's initial state.

It's really mind boggling, as we were able at some point to make the application rework again ( without any idea on what's solves it ) , and the problem occurs again, and we were never able to make it works . It's also really anoying, and seems to be really specific to this device, as test on a Lenovo phablet on the same android version never allow to reproduces this.

Logs doesn't indicate anything, and the only result that I found on Git hub ticket that somehow relates to my problem is linked to Camera Access Right management in android 6 and the application has the right correctly set. So i'm totaly stuck .

gizmo

Re: Bug on Launch

Postby gizmo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi,
in general, the small preview at the top left is supposed to be there and transitions over to the regular view after a view seconds. So I somehow have trouble understanding your problem in detail. Can you share a screenshot or better even a short video what happens.

Also, it might be that the app tries to fetch the camera calibration and has no internet connection and takes longer because of that.
If you could share a verbose log as well that would be great.
If I responded on a post and miss keeping up please ping the post again. Sometimes they just slip through :-) .

UserMe

Postby UserMe » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:37 am

I did not have the device right now to provide you with sample, but i can tell for sure that the log wasn't saying much, except an internal_error that seems to happen every time on every android devices without any perceptible consequences , and anyway I kinda dodge the bullet by changing to another AR api, but even if we were not connected to the internet most of the time, we did try once with the device connected to wifi. May have been a case of network administration that doesn't allow to connect your server.

Still I cannot understand why it worked fine at the first few launches of the application. I'd have think that if it really was a problem linked to the download of the camera calibration we would have the problem every time until it manages to have it files in the cache folder.

MrDaniel

Postby MrDaniel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:59 pm

When you mention network administration, what kind of network were you connected to each time?

UserMe

Postby UserMe » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 am

A wifi network provided by the resarch center, so certainly configured with a lot of restrictions.

MrDaniel

Postby MrDaniel » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Hmmm. That could be the issue there. Have you tested if from another less secured network?

UserMe

Postby UserMe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:30 am

I tested it on another network, but also on another device ( phab tablet pro) and it was working. Maybe next time I will bring this devices to test it on the secured network in order to validate if the same problems occurs.

MrDaniel

Postby MrDaniel » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 pm

Please let us know the result from your investigation.

Return to “ARToolKit for Android”