Can't see video

Community support forum for users of the GPL-licensed osgART Standard Edition v1.0 and proprietary-licensed osgART Professional Edition v1.1
rohr_manuel

Can't see video

Postby rohr_manuel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi guys,

after a long hard journey I finished it to build ARToolKit and osgART for Visual Studio 2010. Unfortunately I still have problems to execute the osgartsimple.exe program from the [OSGART]\bin directory. The programm starts and I see the virtual Cube, but the background is black. I don't see anything of the video the webcam captures. If I move the marker, the cube on the screen moves to, so the webcam and the program are working together; there is just no video.

I'm using ARToolKit 2.27.1 and osgART-2.0-RC3.

I've also tried the openSG examples (the classic osgviewer.exe with the cow.osg) and the ARToolKit example simpleTest.exe. Both examples alone worked; I've seen the cow rendered and I've seen the webcam video with the AR-marker and the AR-cube. Just the osgART example (osgartsimple.exe) doesn't show the video.

I hope you can help me, looking forward to her from you.
Manuel

rohr_manuel

Re: Can't see video

Postby rohr_manuel » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:14 pm

I've figured out the problem.
I've changed the texture of the VideoGeode (in the createImageBackround method) to USE_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE. The solution was posted in the forum.

I already tried to alter the ARToolKitVideo.cpp as described in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1008
For those who have the same problem as me, don't do this if you have ARToolKit 2.72.1 or higher, cause the function returns 0 on success, so the code is correct.
They probably have changed it in the last release.

Regards,
Manuel

alex890714

Postby alex890714 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm

rohr_manuel wrote:I've figured out the problem.
I've changed the texture of the VideoGeode (in the createImageBackround method) to USE_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE. The solution was posted in the forum.

I already tried to alter the ARToolKitVideo.cpp as described in viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1008
For those who have the same problem as me, don't do this if you have ARToolKit 2.72.1 or higher, cause the function returns 0 on success, so the code is correct.
They probably have changed it in the last release.

Regards,
Manuel

Thanks very much!

janiewong

Postby janiewong » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm

rohr_manuel wrote:Hi guys,

after a long hard journey I finished it to build ARToolKit and osgART for Visual Studio 2010. Unfortunately I still have problems to execute the osgartsimple.exe program from the [OSGART]\bin directory. The programm starts and I see the virtual Cube, but the background is black. I don't see anything of the video the webcam captures. If I move the marker, the cube on the screen moves to, so the webcam and the program are working together; there is just no video.

I'm using ARToolKit 2.27.1 and osgART-2.0-RC3.

I've also tried the openSG examples (the classic osgviewer.exe with the cow.osg) and the ARToolKit example simpleTest.exe. Both examples alone worked; I've seen the cow rendered and I've seen the webcam video with the AR-marker and the AR-cube. Just the osgART example (osgartsimple.exe) doesn't show the video.

I hope you can help me, looking forward to her from you.
Manuel

Return to “[ARCHIVED] osgART Standard & Professional Editions”