Compiling osgART 2.0 on VS2010

Community support forum for users of the GPL-licensed osgART Standard Edition v1.0 and proprietary-licensed osgART Professional Edition v1.1
Cruachan

Compiling osgART 2.0 on VS2010

Postby Cruachan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm trying to use the current osgART 2.0 Release Candidate 3 (are the older ones available anywhere?) with Visual Studio 2010. My PC is running Windows 7 x64, although I've mainly be compiling x86. I seems to be able to compile osgART fine without errors, but all programs crash on launch - with no useful error message.

I can compile the OpenSource ARToolkit fine and have the examples working great - in both 32 and 64 bit.

I can compile OSG fine too and bring up the example cow model, but mainly I've been downloading and installing the precompiled VS2010 binaries from http://openscenegraph.alphapixel.com. I've tried this using 2.8.4, 2.8.5 and 3.0 SP1. I've tried 2.8.5 64 bit (obviously with matching ARToolkit compile) and all of them 32 bit.

osgART RC3 appears to compile fine (64 bit requires a minor patch as exp2() and log2() functions are not natively supported under VS2010) and reports no errors - this is such an obvious hole I'm inclined to think no-one has tried compiling this 64 bit before under VS). However on launch any application - such as osgartsimple - just crashes. The crash is consistent across 32 and 64 bit versions and all versions of osg.

Am I doing anything obvious wrong - has anyone managed to successfully build a functioning copy of osgART with VS2010 and a recent release of OSG? Just in case it was my PC running 64 bit Windows I've also tried this on my laptop which is running 32 bit Windows 7 with exactly the same result.

mapanoy

Re: Compiling osgART 2.0 on VS2010

Postby mapanoy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:32 am

In also have the same problem. Do you have any solutions yet?

Return to “[ARCHIVED] osgART Standard & Professional Editions”