Videbackground not working -> 3D Rendering allright

Community support forum for users of the GPL-licensed osgART Standard Edition v1.0 and proprietary-licensed osgART Professional Edition v1.1
gerd

Videbackground not working -> 3D Rendering allright

Postby gerd » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

Hello,

My problem is that with osgART_2.0_RC3 the tracking and 3d rendering works but the video background is not displayed correct. The video background is like a crashed patchwork of the video buffer. You can have a look at an screenshot here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1106571697 ... eoFailure#

With ARToolkit hartmut-pre-2_8 everything works fine. And based on the fact that the Tracking and Rendering is working in osgART a valid video stream must be captured!

Does anybody know this problem? Or have an idea where the source of the problem is?

I verified that with a V4L1 setup using the LD_PRELOAD string i had the same result. With other applications like gstreamer-properties the webcam is working fine. I also tried it with another webcam with the same result - so i state that it is no driver or webcam problem.

regards,
Gerd

My Setup is:
Ubuntu 64 10.4
Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Pro 9000

ARToolkit hartmut-pre-2_8
osgART_2.0_RC3
OpenSceneGraph 2.8

video config string: ARTOOLKIT_CONFIG=v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=320,height=240 ! videorate ! video/x-raw-rgb,framerate=25/2 ! videoscale ! video/x-raw-rgb,width=640,height=480 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! identity name=artoolkit ! fakesink
Attachments
Screenshot.png
osgart_2-0_rc3-video-failure
Screenshot.png (618.6 KiB) Viewed 3422 times

gerd

Re: Videbackground not working -> 3D Rendering allright

Postby gerd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:47 am

Hello,

I solved the problem by myself:

With TEXTURE_RECTANGLE video mode it is working.

video mode is a member of VideoGeode:

//set video texture mode
//osgART::VideoGeode::USE_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE or osgART::VideoGeode::USE_TEXTURE_2D
//osgART::VideoGeode::USE_TEXTURE_2D is not working!
osgART::VideoGeode* _geode = new osgART::VideoGeode(osgART::VideoGeode::USE_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE, video);

retrakker

Re: Videbackground not working -> 3D Rendering allright

Postby retrakker » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks for the info. There are still some bugs in the VideoBackground rendering however my guess is that this is due to a broken OpenGL driver. Texture2D was usually the "safe" choice.

Return to “[ARCHIVED] osgART Standard & Professional Editions”