osgART development

Community support forum for users of the GPL-licensed osgART Standard Edition v1.0 and proprietary-licensed osgART Professional Edition v1.1
michelefiorentin

osgART development

Postby michelefiorentin » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:33 am

Hi to all,

i would like to develop a research application using osgART and linking to the svn version of openscengeraph ( instructions suggest to link to older version of osg) . I got some linking problems( I will post if interested). Is this feasible? Can i have some directions? I am also want to know if community is living and kicking or this is a dead platform(not soo many post in this forum about).

thanks

philip_lamb
Site Admin

Re: osgART development

Postby philip_lamb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:55 am

osgART is a good way to connect ARToolKit to any OSG-based application. There are lots of users, and the commercial version is supported and maintained by us. It isn't the kind of product that needs lots of features added, as its primary purpose is just as a connector; the actual development of an osgART-based app is just OSG development.

At the moment, osgART v1.x doesn't support OSG 2.9 or later, however this support is forthcoming.

Good luck with your project :-)

michelefiorentin

Re: osgART development

Postby michelefiorentin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 am

can you please tell me if the porting to OSGsvn trunk is just a simple link problem or it requires a deep code revamp? if this is complicate when is due the new osgart version? thanks

Return to “[ARCHIVED] osgART Standard & Professional Editions”